Wednesday 2 January 2013

A year of sorts

That moment the fountain lit up and sent towering sparks that added to the glow of the night, I knew that 2012 would be such a colorful year for me. And it really was.

Now that it ended (and yes, apocalypse believers, 2012 made it to the finish line), I want to have a brief review of the past events that spiced up my year 2012. For each month, I thought of a word corresponding to and describing it, and why each word came up to my mind.

January-Fun
My birthday was a blast! I had the best celebration so far, though the outing that day at a resort in Pampanga wasn’t really meant for my birthday (which most of my relatives didn’t know. Hehe).






February-Sweet
The supposedly most romantic love story of all time started. Well, I finally gained the courage to personally profess to this girl just how much I liked her since the day she entered the classroom. And the courtship began.

March-Eye-opener
Towards the end of the school year, I realized one mistake I hadn’t admitted and accepted a few months before.

April-Stormy
No, I’m not referring to a tropical storm, but the damage was just as destructive. Okay, let’s not discuss this one.

May-Renewing
Projects for our business E3D Productions came pouring. Finally, there stood a sturdy support at the time I was recuperating from the storm that ravaged my life the month before.




June-Invigorating
The new school year arrived and I got myself back in high spirits.

July-Vague
That’s because I hardly remember any significant event in that month.

August-Exciting
How can I ever forget the taping of my segment on Mt. Balungao? That experience ignited the desire to travel more and explore more exciting places in the Philippines.





September-Inspiring
Time for a second shot at a postponed love story.

October-Exhausting
My whole semester’s worth of energy got drained from my system. Nevertheless, it was a fulfilling month and the success of our talk show replenished the energy I lost (but I had to use it again till the very end of the month for the editing job).

November-Relaxing
The month was a respite from the arduous tasks of the previous semester that almost kidnapped me from the comforts of our home. Fortunately, the house still recognized me.

December-Exhilarating
Our publication joined the 13th Regional Higher Education Press Conference in the City of San Fernando, La Union. We bagged awards and earned ourselves a trip to Albay as we qualified to compete at the Luzonwide level of the contest. We also had a number of tapings in different locations and gained additional experiences.





Of course, my 2012 had its ups and downs, and its own mixture of happy and sad moments. The occasional trips and falls wouldn’t go, would they? It was a year of learning, nonetheless, and it made my life more worth living.

Farewell, 2012.

5 days to 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment