Friday 21 December 2012

Savoring the ride


I’m not an “It’s-the-end-of-the-world-today” believer, so instead of preparing my ass for that doomsday almost everyone is talking about, I choose to do something else: Start the countdown to my 21st birthday.





It’s going to happen in 17 days. There will be no big party, but the way I’ll celebrate my special day on January 7 will still be big for me in some ways. And I know exactly what to do, something I’ve been looking forward to for years. (But I won’t divulge it yet lest it gets pre-empted. Hehe. And hopefully, I get the budget for that.)





Seventeen days is long enough to contemplate things, replay past events in my head and see what I’ve learned from them or if I learned anything at all. That’s long enough to enjoy the rest of my 20th year which has been colorful in many aspects.

I don’t know what else is in store for me on the final days of the ride, or if anything outrageous and extremely wonderful event will occur. But I’m sure that the coming year, another year that will add up to my age, will be more colorful, more exciting and more fun as I will be facing the bigger world soon. While challenges will be harder, they will also bring out my potentials and elevate them to higher levels.

More questions arise such as, “Who are the people that will stay with me?” “Will I find that girl who has been destined for me, or will this girl I’m in love with finally decide to give us a shot?” “How will life be after graduation?” “What other opportunities will come my way?”

Questions that run over and over in my head, but do not necessarily need immediate answers. I know the answers will come as I continue traversing this world which is not going to end today. Come on, let’s all be optimistic. The sunrise is so beautiful it makes my heart dance. How can it be the world’s end?

17 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment